Water Technology and Sciences is a highly specialized international journal which publishes original articles and notes related to water resources. Its objective is to disseminate new scientific and technological contributions related to water resources, thereby contributing to enriching knowledge and promoting its use and social allocation. Its contents include the following subject areas:
- Water and energy
- Water quality
- Hydro-agricultural sciences
- Political and social sciences
- Water management
The current code of ethics of the Water Technology and Science journal applies to its editors, reviewers, and authors, and is based on the Committee on Publications Ethics (COPE) guidelines.
Commitments by the Subject Editor
- Identify, select, and assign reviewers to review the articles coordinated by the subject editor. The subject editor commits to using criteria that reflect the professional experience and knowledge of the reviewers, as well as conducting the process with a responsible and ethical attitude, in order to ensure that this activity is conducted without discrimination based on sex, religion, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, or any other factor.
- Provide timely, efficient, and objective follow-up on the review process related to the contributions in his or her thematic area.
- Participate in the review process, taking his or her own initiative or when requested by the editor-in-chief or another member of the Editorial Board, always in an objective and courteous manner.
- Make the final determination related to each article he or she coordinates based on the evaluations solicited and his or her own experience; according to the principles of quality and objectivity.
- Advise the Editorial Department of the journal when required.
- Recommend experts in his or her thematic area to the Editorial Department for the formation of the Editorial Committee, taking into account the careers and ethical attitude of the candidates.
- Commit to not divulge the information contained in the manuscripts received for publication to those who are not authors, reviewers, or editors.
Responsibilities of the Reviewer
- Provide objective, concrete, and written observations in a courteous manner.
- Provide clear and concise reviews.
- Avoid value judgments and focus on the work’s quality and its contributions.
- Provide precise and detailed observations that will enrich the document when modifications are requested.
- Respond according to established time frames, with respect for the deadlines.
- Maintain the confidentiality of the assignment of manuscripts; thus the contents shall not be discussed with other persons without the expressed consent of the editors.
- Inform the editors of any similarities that the manuscript may have with other published works.
Responsibilities of the author
- Submit his or her work exclusively to the journal for review and the determination of its acceptance for publication. In the event that the article or note is submitted to another media outlet for possible publication, the authors commit to informing the Editorial Department, which will suspend the review process and will advise the Editorial Board of the authors’ decision. The process will also be suspended if the Water Technology and Sciences journal identifies and corroborates that a situation of this type has occurred.
- Guarantee the originality and ownership of the work. To this end, before beginning the review process the author shall submit a “Letter of Originality” specifying that the work presented belongs to the author and is original.
- Agree to serve as part of the Water Technology and Science journal’s group of reviewers, with the responsibilities entailed therein.
- Correctly and completely cite all references used in the manuscript.
- Respect the authorship originally specified by the work that is submitted to the review. The authors may eliminate an author from the article or note that is in the process of being review only through an official document submitted to the Water Technology and Sciences journal. A hardcopy of the document must be submitted and signed by the main author as well as the author who is to be eliminated, with his or her expressed consent.
- Limit the percentage of self-citations in the articles submitted to the journal to no more than 20%
- The editorial area of the Water Technology and Sciences journal is committed to operating according to the principles of impartiality, objectivity, and honesty.
- The journal’s editorial area is committed to confidentiality. All of the documents associated with the review process are classified as confidential, including the name of the reviewers and their decisions, as are personal data in compliance with the pertinent laws.
- Conduct all of the activities related to the journal without discrimination based on sex, religion, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, or any other factor.